Find out about the latest news and events by VYY. News also in English!
Big Heart Award
The Big Heart award is an equality award given by the University of Vaasa.
Award may be given to a person or a group that has promoted equality in the university community, for example:
- in everyday situations such as teaching, student organization activities and leisure time events
- by taking others into consideration in coffee break conversations and, for example by choosing the subject and language in such a way that everyone can join the conversation.
Any member of the university community may nominate a member of the university community or a person or group from outside the community whose activities are closely tied to the University of Vaasa as recipient of the award.
The nomination must include:
- the name of the person submitting the nomination
- the name of the person or group being nominated
- a detailed justification as to why the nominated person or group deserves the Big Heart award.
Nominations for the award may be submitted before October 31 2018 to the Equality work group via this e-form.
Read more information about the award on the University website.