Week of well-being
The week of well-being is a yearly event for students and staff at the university, hosted by the University of Vaasa together with The Student Union of the University of Vaasa in collaboration with university key partners. The focus of the event is always on well-being with varying themes. All events are free of charge and open to all students as well as staff at the University of Vaasa. The week of well-being has been arranged at the University since 2011.
This spring the Week of Well-Being will be held 20.-24.3.2023.
Week of well-being schedule
Week of Well-being schedule
This year the Week of Well-Being is held on week 12 (20.-24.3.2023). See this year's probram below!
- 11-13 SYY Wasa: SYY letut
- Held at the lobby of August, Fabriikki 1. st floor
- Vaasa Game Days -event is open 12-22. Read more: https://www.vaasagamedays.fi/pages/news_display.php?nid=104&lang=en
- 9-10 Students' breakfast at restaurant August
- Sign up: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScnOPO7Dff83kbSWY7_e5pcaL7DnShXLBaC1nlcOHuY-WE5LA/viewform
- Breakfast is sponsored by the Mikä neuvoksi -project
- 17-18.30 Nyyti: Itsekritiikki ja myötätunto opinnoissa -webinar
- Nyyti organizes a webinar on self-criticism and confidence in studies. The webinar is held in Finnish.
- Read more: https://www.nyyti.fi/tapahtuma/itsekritiikki-ja-myotatunto-opinnoissa-webinaari-ti-21-3-klo-17-00-18-30/
- 21-22.30 Warrantti's LiikKu: Soccer at Fennia Arena
- You can sign up for soccer by reacting to a message on LiikKu's Telegram channel. Join the Telegram group: https://t.me/+CducwM8OCoM5YmI0
- Vaasa Game Days -event is open 10-17. Read more: https://www.vaasagamedays.fi/pages/news_display.php?nid=104&lang=en
- Wednesday 22.3. is FSHS Day
- 13.30-14 Get to know the activities of FSHS
- You can meet the FSHS in front of lecture room F119 in Fabriikki
- 14-16 YTHS: Armoa aivoille! -expert lecture
- The expert lecture is held in room F104
- The expert lecture is held in Finnish. Read more from: https://www.uwasa.fi/fi/uutishuone/uutiset/armoa-aivoille-yths-paivassa-2232023-puhutaan-kognitiivisesta-ergonomiasta
- Theme of the lecture is cognitive ergonomics
- 19-> Hallinnoijat: Theater visit to the student theater
- 11-13 Mini Fair
- The mini-fair will be held on the ground floor of Fabriiki, in the lobby of Augusti
- At the mini fair, there will be: Wasa Sports Club, the university chaplain, Mikä neuvoksi -project, VYY, Warrantti ry
- 11-15 Donate blood on campus
- Blood donation in room F141
- 20-21 CoMedia: CoMedia cokeilee tankotanssia
- 21-22 Warrantti's LiikKu: Floorball at Tennis Center
- You can sign up for floorball by reacting to a message on LiikKu's Telegram channel. Join the Telegram group: https://t.me/+CducwM8OCoM5YmI0
- Tutti x ESTIEM x ESN, Springfling 2023
For the whole week
- Try the university sports services' exercise classes for free during the spring's week of well-being!
- See the program at https://liikunta.uwasa.fi/english/index.php
- You will also have the opportunity to trial Wasa Sports Clubin weightroom and group exercises for free Monday-Friday 10.00 am to 8 pm (To the weight room and for the group exercises you have to register at the reception).
- During the week of well-being you can use the services of the Vaasa swimming hall for free by showing your student ID card at the reception.
- During the week of well-being, you can use Tennis Center Vaasa's services for free. Field reservations for the the week of well-being must be made by phone 06-3173700 and when you arrive to move, mention that you are a student of the University of Vaasa, present your student card and at the same time acknowledge your hobby in the sign up sheet of the week of well-being.
- The Vaasa Bowling union (Ruutikellarintie 2 65100 Vaasa) makes it possible to bowl free of charge during the week of well-being during free shifts. Remember to reserve your track in advance. Present your student ID at the recption.
- Download the break exercise program Break Pro to your computer, and you can have small exercise breaks during your studies.
- Download the software https://www.uwasa.fi/en/students/sport-services#section_770